Friday, March 4, 2011

Three P's of Motherhood

I have said many times, "I am supposed to be a Mom. I just know it." I have had this feeling for as long as I can remember. Of course I had goals of becoming a teacher, but in the back of my mind my true dream was to be a Mother. Now I am living my dream and loving every moment of it. Benjamin is a true blessing and I am learning more about myself through him every second. Yes, I am terrified that I will mess up. Yes, I worry like no other if he is okay.Yes, I am taking it one day at a time and learning what it is to be a Mom. It is like going to school all over again. Benjamin can't tell me what the answers are. I have to trust myself and God that I will give him what he needs. I am in awe over God's creation. He has given me all the tools I need to help my child survive. It is amazing that the love I feel for Benjamin is the love that God feels for me! 

One important lesson I have learned this past week as a stay at home mom are what I like to call the "Three P's of Motherhood." 
1. Poop
2. Pee
3. Puke

My entire day is focused on these three lovely things that my newborn knows how quite well. Who knew a 6 pound child could shoot poop across the room to hit a bookshelf?! (About 2 to 3 feet) This was a skill his Daddy was very proud of! Benjamin has also managed to pee on Mom and Dad several times. Even thought we put something down to block the fire, the second we lift it to secure the diaper.. BAM in your face Mom and Dad! I have just learned to expect it and have a change of clothes ready for both Benjamin and I. The puking thing still baffles me. Since I am nursing Benjamin I don't really know how much milk he is actually getting. This is another reason I am constantly writing down each diaper (it's time and content). There are have been a few times were he throws up so much milk that I don't even think I could drink that much! Each time he is usually facing me which then results in Mom drenched. Even though Benjamin has covered me in poop, pee, and puke I still love him more each second that goes by. Just looking at his little face makes it all worth it!


3 comments:

  1. isn't it awesome? it's crazy how someone can pee, poop and puke on us & we just adore them with no regard for our own cleanliness. God did a beautiful thing when he created that relationship between parent & child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep jay was my puker,he was wasting all that good milk i made just for him.(nursing)so he was the one that had to have a pacifire,it helped but he still let me know when he was hungry,we learn and its a gods blessing, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a wonderful new mom and Benjamin is a blessed little baby boy!

    ReplyDelete