Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baby On Board!

Friday July 2, 2010 we found out the best news of our lives! We are now expecting a new addition to our very new family of two! Yes, we are newly weds (May 21, 2010) and yes we are 23 years old, but God decided to bless us with this gift and we couldn't be happier. I woke up Friday morning with a purpose and plan! I hadn't been feeling like myself for the past week and I wanted to see if what I was thinking could possibly be true. Den (my husband) was at work and I was determined to find out that morning. My husband and I have always talked about having children and decided early on to let God decided when it would be. Of course when I saw the results I was overjoyed, nervous, thankful, and excited. I immediately drove to CVS to buy another 2 pack. I wanted to make sure the tests were telling me the truth. Sure enough 3 testslater all exclaimed POSITIVE! I called the doctor directly after to see if I needed to come in. When I explained to the receptionist why I need to come in as soon as possible she sweetly explained, "Hun, you took three tests and all of them are positive. If you come in here we will only tell you what you already know, congratulations you're pregnant!"

Now how would I break the news to my unexpecting husband who wouldn't be home for five more hours? I had always had an idea and stuck with the plan. When he came home from work he discovered "I Love My Daddy" written in marker on my belly. He was just as excited, nervous, and thankful as I was. He wanted to tell out families right away so we began plotting ways to reveal the awesome news. My love for Den and our new baby grows great every second. The miracle of a life living inside me is amazing. God is so wonderful and words can not describe the awe I am in when I think about what He has done for us! He had a plan for Den and I to come together as one in marriage and then for us to bring a new life into this world. What an amazing God!








1 comment:

  1. Love the picture! And the blog...congrats! I cant wait to keep reading about Baby Burke!

    Andrea F.

    ReplyDelete