Tuesday, January 4, 2011
1st Childbirth Class
Last night we went to our first class to prepare us for Baby Burke's arrival. I was really excited and then I became super nervous. I am glad that the hospital we are delivering at offers classes so we will be familiar with the place and people who work there when it is the big day. We were right on time, 6pm exactly, because Dennis was coming from work. Of course everyone was waiting for us, so we already felt like the outcasts. Secondly we were the youngest couple in the class by at least five years. I didn't think this would matter since everyone, except for one couple, was having their first baby. So we were all in the same boat, right? Well this first class was on nursing. I am completely determined to breastfeed our baby as long as I can. I was excited to learn about what to expect since I having been feeling clueless on the subject. Little did we know that we were going to be quizzed on our prior knowledge! We were taking the class to learn about everything we didn't know not to show off our internet/book skills! You would win prizes for answering correctly! Oh well, we did learn a ton of information and I feel way more confident about it now. I am glad we went to the class because I learned a lot about the "day of" and how to get off to a great start. I would recommend taking the class if you have never done it before. Next week we begin our weekly class, so I better brush up on my delivery facts and info so I can grab some swag!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi there! I stumbled onto your blog from the 3in30 facebook page! I remember my first childbirth class and I must say, I am so surprised my husband continued to go with me to the other three, lol! I was afraid the first one would scare him to death!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, good luck with the breastfeeding :-) I am sure you will do great!