Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year Goals: 3 in 30


I have never been someone who follows through with New Years Resolutions, but this year I am going to change that! I came across the 3 in 30 Challenge and I think it's a great way to accomplish goals throughout the entire year. Here is how is works:

1. Set 3 goals for the month
2. Find a fun & creative way to track your progress
3. Blog/Facebook/Twitter about it for accountability!

Instead of making one giant goal for the whole year (which is what I usually do & it falls through within days) you will actually see progress just a little at a time. So what are my goals for January? Even though it sounded easy I keep going back to my one big goal habit. Since Baby Burke is arriving in less than 10 weeks I have some major organizational goals in mind. I think I will be able to break them down to help me accomplish more and maybe I won't feel so overwhelmed. Also I want to do something that will strengthen my relationship with my husband. I think it is important that we remain best friends even when Baby Burke joins our family. I never want to loose the bond we have with each other. I would love for us to do something together that wasn't watching movies or going out to eat.  I would also like to do something for me. Ugh I never like goals that are all about "me". I have never been a reader and I think it would be nice to read a book for fun. I love crafts! I started a blanket for Baby Burke and gave up. Maybe now is the time to finish it. Just the thought of getting that blanket out scares me. Finally I need to set a goal about God! I don't know why these are the hardest goals because they should be the most important and it should never feel like a burden. This should be numero uno, the easiest, and the most rewarding. I am excited to start working on January's goals:

January's Goals - Allison

1. Organize (serious clean) each room in the house - 1 to 2 rooms a week.
2. Do something to strengthen my relationship with Den --- 3 to 4 times a week.
(walks together, notes, game nights)
3. Read 1 book for fun! 

Husband/Wife Goal

1. Read the Bible & pray every night!


Yay! Now that the goals are in place I am going to create ways to track our progress. This is where the teacher in me kicks in. I am already thinking about sticker charts and reward recesses. Once I figure out a way to track the progress I will share with all of you. 
So what do you think? Are you on board? What are your goals for the new year?

1 comment:

  1. Oohh... how fun! I love that your goals are targeted at making the most the time you have left pre-baby! Thanks for joining us in the 3 in 30 Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete