So I understand that every pregnant woman goes through some form of "nesting" before the baby arrives. I thought my time was in early January when I made goals to organize every room in the house. Some where between the baby shower and yesterday the place fell apart! It looked like we just moved in again! Boxes, trash, clothes, and random mail was everywhere. This put me into a constant stage of stress and panic. I worked so hard in the beginning of January to get things in order. I had the energy, time, and somewhat smaller belly to work with. I just couldn't believe it was all destroyed and there was no way this baby could come into a house like this! My Mom decided she would come over after work each day this week and help me to get organized. For about an hour we would clean a small portion of our not so big place. I still didn't think it would get done. By some act of God (or just plain luck) my Mom had the day off from school yesterday due to a power outage! She came right over and spent the day cleaning and organizing everything! She felt like she was being graded since I would follow behind her and watch as she did the things I couldn't. I am so thankful for her! There is no way this place would be this clean! We got everything done! Our biggest accomplishment was organizing and cleaning out the closet in my bedroom and the laundry room. These were the places I "hid" junk to get it out of my sight. Baby Burke is now allowed to come when he is ready! I am hoping I can keep this place clean for the next four weeks. I am exhausted and my Mom is the one who did all of the hard stuff! I am in awe... there is nothing my Mom can't do!
P.S. Crazy pregnancy hormones make me wake up at 3am worried about where our marriage license is. Who cares!? Also do I need to scrub the baseboards, again?
I can't really relate.. but, to answer your last question.. unless your baby is planning on licking the baseboards any time soon, I think you'll be ok not to worry about cleaning them again! You need some down time, relax! Put your feet up, and turn your stomach into a mini table for milk and cookies again! Don't get stressed! You're doing great!
ReplyDelete