Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Story of Puffy

At our shower I received a very special, emotional, and surprising gift. This was something I didn't think anyone would ever be able to find, but leave it to my Mom to get it. It was a Puffy! When I was a newborn my Dad bought me a stuffed animal bunny which became Puffy. Puffy had to go every where with me and I wouldn't be able to sleep without him. My Dad even bought another Puffy for my first Valentine's Day, but I would have nothing to do it with it! It wasn't the real Puffy. Now Puffy was used to the max. My Mom had to sew him back together countless times. I am not sure when my relationship with Puffy came to end, but I had put his remaining scrappy puffless body in a Ziploc bag for safe keeping. Are you wondering what Puffy looks like now, 24 years after getting him? 

I literally LOVED him to pieces!

While opening the final shower gift from my Mom I was already teary eyed due to a thoughtful note and two of my favorite books from my childhood ("Pat the Bunny" & "Goodnight Moon"). The last item in the bag was a new Puffy! Well not a new Puffy, but one that is in way better condition than my original Puffy. My Mom had found one from someone online, they are no longer made. I couldn't believe my Mom found one and now Baby Burke has a Puffy of his own! I can only hope this Puffy brings Baby Burke as much joy as my Puffy brought me. I won't be sad if he doesn't take to it like I did. It is wonderful to have a Puffy that looks like Puffy to remember him by.

New Puffy

Here are the Puffys together -- My Puffy & Baby Burke's Puffy

It is sad to think that there was a day that I no longer needed Puffy. When did I put him away for good? I sometimes like to look at him and still feel the comfort he gave me. I love Puffy! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope your boy likes Puffy as much as you do! This would make for a great continuing puffy story.. you better start looking for another Puffy in the mean time.. I'm thinking it may be hard to find another one by the time your son is your age! Love this story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete