Today was a very special and exciting day. This day goes down in the books as one of the best days of my life! Before I get to the good part, let me start with what went on last night. At about 1am I woke up and was bleeding... more thanspotting... but not a crazy amount. Of course I instantly panicked and woke Den up. We called the doctor and decided not to go to the hospital since I already had an ultrasound scheduled for the next day. I didn't sleep at all! I was so worried and upset but I tired to hold it together as much as I could. Thankfully my husband is a really great man who supports me and knows how to comfort me. Also I have a great sister in law who always seems to keep her cool in these situations and also knows how to clam me down. My mom came over to sit with me a while since the nurse told me to sit with my feet up all day. She kept my mind off of the negative and helped me get through a day that seemed to drag on and on. I also had prayers from amazing friends! Finally it was time to head to the doctors office. Dennis stayed quiet the whole car ride. I couldn't wait to see if the baby was okay. The ultrasound technician was the nicest the person. Even though she was running 45min late, she made sure to spend time with us. She put that thing on my belly and BAM... Baby Burke was hanging out in there happy as could be. It was such an amazing experience to see and hear our baby's heart beat. Its little heart was beating so fast (176). While we were watching, Baby Burke did a flip and stretched its little legs out for us! We were able to see everything our little one could do (see and hear a heartbeat, moving all around, tiny fingers and toes). What a relief! A sc
ary stressful start to the day ended with pure joy and reassurance that our baby is perfectly healthy and right on track. The measurements show that I am 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant, exactly what we originally calculated. I keep staring at the pictures dreaming about what little Baby Burke will be like!

Look at those tiny hands and feet!!!
Love the pictures and glad everything turned out to be okay!
ReplyDelete