Monday, August 30, 2010
Little Beating Heart
Today I went to our doctor for another check-up. I was very excited and I had a list of questions in hand to as him. If I don't bring a written list everything is gone when he walks into the room! Some of them were serious and some silly like, "Why do I get sick when I brush my teeth?" (Oh yes, this is a new development that seems very counter productive if you ask me!) He went through the usual routine, asking me my symptoms and reading off blood test results. One thing I was happy about was my weight! I didn't gain one pound... which threw me since my pants don't fit and this belly is sticking out! If you were Dennis then you would have to tell me at least twice a day that I am not fat it's a baby. (Now I can't ask anymore and this bump is baby!) The main thing I wanted to talk about was the bleeding from the week before. What caused it? Will it happen again? Should I worry? He explained that I have placenta previa, the placenta is covering my cervix, which could cause the bleeding. And if you think this is TMI then you're reading the wrong blog. I am recording every little detail for myself and other expectant moms incase they have the same issues! My doctor is not worried at all! He said 99% when this happens early in the pregnancy it will move when the baby grows. I just have to take it easy. No exercise (there goes step aerobics!) and nothing more than walking for 6 more weeks. We will take a look at it at the 18 week mark in an ultrasound. NOW for more good stuff! We then tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. It took a while for him to find it and it sounded like an Orca whale in my belly! Once he found it I was relieved. All is good in the world if I can hear my little one. There is no other feeling like it. I love Dennis with all my heart, but to hear our baby is an overwhelming love for both him and our little one! I never knew I could love like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment